The 2023 International Women’s Day theme is Embrace Equity. At Thompson Hospitality, we can all truly embrace equity. It's not just something we say. It's not just something we write about. It's something we need to think about, know, and embrace. It's what we believe in, unconditionally. Equity means creating an inclusive world.
As we celebrate International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, we are sharing stories from women across Thompson Hospitality who actively support and embrace equity within their own sphere of influence. Read their stories HERE
HOW WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE
We are dedicated to our mission of providing a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time, because it affects our team members, our campuses, and our communities. We couldn’t be more proud of our team members for their commitment to service!
We believe that a lack of resources should never inhibit learning. Each year, we provide college scholarships and internships to deserving students.
We know that we must be stewards of our natural resources. To preserve our planet’s resources, we constantly develop and refine sustainability initiatives.
We are proud citizens of the communities that we serve. From volunteering at a homeless center, to conducting a backpack drive, to sponsoring local fundraising initiatives, we work tirelessly to help our neighbors.
COVID Community Support
- Deployed communication strategy to stay connected with employees at all levels
- Proactively closed dining rooms at height of pandemic; and reopened with limited down time using creative strategies to quickly move towards take-out/delivery model to meet customer demand
- Established an Employee Fund providing over $53K to our employees for assistance
- Provided free meals to first responders and healthcare professionals
- Provided free telemedicine to employees and their families and paid insurance premiums du ring closure
- Provided bonuses to managers when they returned to work based on number of weeks lost in wages
- Introduced numerous safety protocols upon reopening
Meet the partners we work with on a daily basis to help us deliver service excellence to our guests and help create the diverse partner network we're so proud of.
WeCare in the News
The Human League
January is National Blood Donor Month
Navigate Internship Program (7/2020)
An Open Letter to Our Employees (6/2020)
Christmas Presents for Family in Need (12/2019)
Scholarship Golf Tournament at Howard University (7/2019)
Mentor Students from DIAMOND and MOVE (3/2019)
Backpack Donations to Homeless Shelter (7/2019)
Meal Prep at DC Central Kitchen (8/2019)